Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ 114mm f/9 AZ Reflector Telescope
With the Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ 114mm f/9 AZ Reflector Telescope, exploring the wonders of the universe is as simple as 1-2-3: 1. Dock your smartphone 2. Launch the StarSense Explorer smartphone app 3....
IMPORTANT: It is a condition of sale, that the customer will be responsible for the payment of any import taxes, duties and fees for orders shipped internationally.
With the Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ 114mm f/9 AZ Reflector Telescope, exploring the wonders of the universe is as simple as 1-2-3:
1. Dock your smartphone
2. Launch the StarSense Explorer smartphone app
3. Observe the moon, planets, stars, and more
This innovative integration of smartphones and telescopes offers beginner astronomers a fast and (more importantly) easy way to discover what's up in the night sky and where to view it. Utilizing similar alignment technology that satellites use when they move out of position, the StarSense Explorer app uses your phone's camera to stream a constant series of images and compare them to an internal database to identify the starfield and determine its location. This "Lost in Space Algorithm" is more precise than typical astronomy apps and does not require a cell signal to work—so you can use it even when you're far off the grid. A holder on the mount, aligned with the telescope, ensures that where the phone is pointed is the same as where the scope is so that when you follow the on-screen directions to find the object of interest and you look through the eyepiece, it will be there.
Android 7.1.2 and higher manufactured in 2016 and later, with camera, gyro, and accelerometer
iPhone 6 and newer
Mount and Tripod
- Manual alt-azimuth mount design is simple to set up and move by hand
- Control handle provides a precise way to move and track objects with reduced vibration
- Simple and sturdy yoke mounting offers stability and reduced vibration
- Adjustable-height aluminum tripod accommodates a variety of users and observing positions
- Maximum height of 52" (132cm) including mount
- Center tray holds accessories such as eyepieces and filters
- 25mm eyepiece produces a low 40x power for observing the moon, planets, deep-sky objects, and constellations
- 10mm high-magnification eyepiece yields 100x power for detailed views of the lunar surface and planetary features
- 2x Barlow lens effectively doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece installed on it without affecting eye relief, making it more comfortable to view at high power
- Unmagnified StarPointer finderscope places a simple red dot in the field of view to make alignment and star-hopping navigation faster and easier